Frequently Asked Questions - Dental Implant
- What is a dental implant?
- Am I suitable for an implant?
- How much do implants cost?
- Can I get help with paying for implants?
- What are the success rates for implants?
- What are the risks of implants?
Can I get help with paying for implants?
The NHS will cover the cost of dental implants but only in the following circumstances:
- Congenital defects, e.g. cleft lip and palate
- Loss of teeth due to an illness or accident, e.g. road accident
- Persistent problems with dentures
If you want implants for aesthetic reasons then you will find that the NHS is unlikely to pay. They don’t tend to cover the cost of any procedure which is carried out for ‘lifestyle’ reasons.
It is however, worth checking with your dentist to see what the position is regarding this.