What Qualifications Should I Look For In A Dentist Who Can Supply Dental Implants?

Hi, I was wondering if you would be willing to offer me some advice? I have recently have had my tooth extracted as there was crack and severe infection in the gums which the Dentist has cleared. In trying to clear the infection from the gums, he had to “dig” into the gums and this has created a deep hole. He has asked me to wait for three months to heal. After that he will talk with me the options of replacement. He is suggesting a dental implant. I am not sure, because by taking out the infected gum, this has left a deep cut. Please advise.

What qualifications should I look out for in a dentist who would do dental implants? I don’t know where to start! Many thanks.

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds to me like you will need some bone grafting. I would always suggest finding a local dental laboratory who makes implant crowns and asking who they would see as they will know who the good/ bad local implant surgeons are.I hope this helps. Regards, Nick. 
dr nick fahey

Dr Nick Fahey
Woodborough House Dental Practice
21 Reading Road, Pangbourne, Reading RG8 7LR
Web: www.woodboroughhouse.com Tel: Tel: 0118 984 3108

Harley Street Dental Studio
42 Harley Street, London W1G 9PR
Web: www.harleystreetdentalstudio.comTel: 020 7636 5981

View My Profile Dr Fahey

Leave a Reply

Ask a Question